Monday, February 3, 2014

Six Weeks of L♥VE

We have hit another milestone at Week Six! This is the week that mommies generally are all healed up from child birth, and babies start to show off their little (or big!) personalities with smiles and freely expressing their likes and dislikes. We are also still in her first leap of the Wonder Weeks, where her head is growing a little bit and with that comes some behavioral challenges.

Wednesday
Aquaphor is pretty amazing stuff! Violette's rash has almost cleared up completely in just two days! Of course I washed it thoroughly with warm water before applying, but that was it!

Today Violette and I took a field trip to see Dr. Medrano. She slept in her stroller listening to Pandora the whole time from the waiting room until the examination room. When Dr. Medrano walked in the room and started talking she woke from a dead sleep and smiled as big as she could! She totally recognized his voice from when she was in my tummy, It was SO FUNNY! No doubt it was because we saw him almost every week, but I had never seen her do that to anyone besides her Dad and myself so I was pretty excited. Overall the appointment was good - this Mama is all healed up and cleared for exercise! YIPPEE! Now I can start that Mommy & Me Yoga Class I have been wanting to take with Violette!

Thursday
Violette was VERY clingy today. She held my hand almost the whole time! And when she let go she would peek out at me from under her eyelids to make sure I was within reach. Poor baby really needed her Mama! This is more of that 'leap' stuff I am sure. Only a few more days until this leap is finished! 

Friday
"Today I helped Mama with the dishes and the laundry! Only the running water, dishwasher and dryer noises made me REALLY sleepy, so I slept in my lamb in the kitchen for almost 2 hours straight! Mama was happy because she got to do all kinds of chores like folding and putting away the laundry, and picking up most of the rooms. She felt totally productive by the time Daddy got home from work. I even slept in my cradle for my other nap time - I figured she needed a little bit of a break after needing her so much yesterday - but only for today. Tomorrow I am going to make her hold me some more."

^Mama is going to have to remember that trick!^

Also we received our order of Dr. Brown's bottles today, please GOD let these be the ones that work! Dad said we aren't allowed to buy any others - and poor Violette certainly doesn't want to suffer these tummy troubles forever! I will write a review on all of the bottles we have tried after this and let you know which one is the winner! Fingers crossed!

Saturday
Today Dad had to work - setting up a new client nearby. I had wanted to do some errands before I realized it was Saturday - DOH! The doctor had said we should avoid busy places until she hits 2 months so I should go during slow times through the week - I honestly thought it was Friday! Anywho, this will go on Monday's To Do List. - Instead Violette and I hung out around the house. (The Mama-razzi took lots of unnecessary photos and posted them to her Instagram, too.)
[wondering why the pups were yelling at the heater repair man]

The big excitement for today was that the heater broke last night - blowing cold air! we put lots of snuggly blankies on Violette to keep her warm but knew we had to get it fixed stat! We contacted home warranty first thing and they sent someone out same day. The man was very nice, even though he had to traverse our attic to the horribly placed heating unit. (We think the previous owners had it installed when they put in the new roof, so there is very limited access!) Anyhow, the indoor unit was fine but when he went on the roof it seemed a part on the condenser had broken, and it was the piece that blew the hot/cold air into the house. Thankfully he had the parts with him and made the change quickly. We could feel the difference almost immediately, and his little gauges were reading a 15 degree increase!

Sunday - Violette's First Superbowl!
This evening we went out for our first official family outing to visit Kalin & Javier's new house for the Superbowl XLVII! The game itself wasn't anything amazing (except the Seahawks KILLED the Broncos 43-8, well done Seattle!) but the company was awesome! Violette slept most of the time - even with the loud TV and all of the conversations happening... everyone was amazed at how good she was! She slept right through the Bruno Mars halftime show! (which everyone else enjoyed quite a bit!) and only woke for a little bit to eat and then she got grumpy right before we left when a cup was broken and the sound startled her. We had a great time and LOVED K&J's new house! So happy for them!

Side Note - Today was Groundhog Day as well and our old pal Phil saw his shadow so (unsurprisingly) we are going to have 6 more weeks of wintry weather. (I wanted to note for my journal's sake that this year the US suffered a Polar Vortex and most states had record levels of snow fall and cold temps! Cali was cold for sure, but not as cold as everywhere else... even Florida had a spell!) So thank you Phil for confirming what we had already guessed!