Monday, May 27, 2013

WEEK 9 : What's Happening

How Far Along: 9 weeks 1 day
Baby's Size: prune (1.5")
Total Weight Gain: 0.5 lbs
Maternity Clothes? pants
Stretch Marks? No
Sleep?  Lots of strange dreams. Waking with a dying thirst last night! I drank all of mine and Doveys water!
Best Moment this Week: having time to rest because its a holiday weekend. (Memorial Day)
Miss Anything?  I am totally confused about what I am not supposed to eat. Every site says something different.  I really miss summer salads (like potato macaroni and egg salad) which are off the list because of the mayo. I recently heard of veganaise... mayo without raw eggs! Im gonna try it. Maybe I can get Crescent to whip me up a batch of potato salad with it. Lol. Though that might bring questions. Only 3 more weeks until I can tell her!
Movement: zip
Food Cravings: Bagels. Oatmeal. Fruit. Egg salad (really gotta get that fake mayo!) As for aversions definitely BLUEBERRIES. Dovey however is craving them so he thinks its fun to eat a blueberry bagel or blueberry ice cream near me and I just want to hurl. Never minded them before but they are gross right now.
What Makes you Queasy: I'm usually okay (nauseous of course but not too bad) unless I miss my meal times. Ive been eating something every 4 hours and that seems to help. Except Thursday when I took Dove to his physical. It took a lot longer than expected and by the time we aten it had been six hours and though I tried it didnt help. The first time I lost my cookies in a public restroom. Not fun. Jeremy said I looked like a Zombie.
Gender: No idea!
Labor signs? None
Symptoms: I have been wearing a maternity bra around the house to help with the pain and swelling. It's basically a loose breathable sports bra that gives support but doesn't confine. Im pretty sure im a whole cup size larger and its only month 2. This sucks! Other than that I'm still nauseous,  exhausted all the time and sore all over. My arms keep falling asleep. (It happened in my bloodwork appointment as well and the man had to remove the elastic and make me pump my fist to fill the vials... Never had to do that before.)  I've also become very thirsty of late and I always have a salty taste in my mouth.
Wedding Rings On or Off?  On
Mood: exhausted and sore.
What's the Daddy-to-be Doing? Last week he was freaking out over his blood test and physical. He about gave me a hernia. We ended up getting valium from the dr and he took it on the way to the lab. I told him he needs to work on this over the next few months because there is no way I'm going to let my kid be as bad as that. Not happening.
Notes to the Little One: I think the dogs are catching on... I wonder if they can hear your heart beat! Theyre favorite place to sit is with their little heads on my abdomen looking up at me. They've been following me around a little frantic too and when I stay in bed they come in to check on me five or six times. Your gonna have instant friends when you get here!