Monday, August 19, 2013

WEEK 21: What's Happening

How Far Along:  21 weeks 1 day

Baby's Size: 7" from head to rump the size of a pomegranate 

Total Weight Gain: 7 lbs

Maternity Clothes? Just bottoms so far, but my prepregnancy tops are starting to be uncomfortable too. 

Stretch Marks? Nothing new, but the itching has begun.

Violette with her first Migraine - 8/16/13

Sleep? Not much the last few days due to an INSANE migraine. I was debilitated from Friday morning until late Saturday, and after dark was the first attempt I had to go anywhere or do anything. However sleep was not an option! I was on the couch most of the time with cold compresses. Last night I slept FINALLY for about 8 hours. We saw the doctor Friday and he said I should wait it out if possible but could call him if I couldn't deal anymore and he would give me the last resort Imitrex. Then with the ultrasound he took he said it looked like Violette had a migraine too because she was very sedentary and was positioned all slumped over with her hands on her head. That made me very sad. I know that its constricted blood vessels in the brain, so its possible that she did feel some discomfort from the headache - I think she must have been feeling my stress as well. I usually don't miss work - it was really, really hard for me to not go in - but I honestly could not move without feeling like I would fall over in pain. Driving was not an option. And then the strange man came... more on that later. All in all it was a terrible Friday.

Best Moment this Week: Eva Dog coming home from the doctor - just as peppy as ever, only one GIANT lump less!

Miss Anything? Sushi - I have been CRAVING it lately. I even looked it up and it seems that one of my favorites might be cooked 100%! I will have to call my favorite restaurant and see if that's the case. 

Movement: A lot of movement early in the week - Violette likes to move around quite a bit. She moves from left to right and back again, I feel her little feet kicking my bladder and then my ribs. She is quite the wiggler!

Food Cravings: SUSHI - and FINALLY back to Peanuts! :) Oh how I have missed peanut butter!

What Makes you Queasy: Chicken. 

Gender: Girl! Still getting used to calling her Violette!

Labor signs? None

Symptoms: Morning sickness is still there, but it seems to be tapering off - may just be from the Migraine though, but the last 3 days have been morning sickness free. We shall see! A new symptom is the pregnancy waddle. Yep. It happens, and its uncomfortable and at times painful. Overnight almost, all of a sudden there was a definitive BUMP and a waddle to go with it. AND now I am SUPER SLOW! It takes me 2x as long to get somewhere. It's quite frustrating!

Wedding Rings On or Off?  Off, though from time to time I wear it on my necklace.

Mood: I am okay right now, I think that the migraine is almost gone! I don't plan on overdoing it today (Sunday) because I don't want it to even get a glimmer of rebirth for the week ahead. 

What's the Daddy-to-be Doing? He was pretty freaked out this weekend - with Eva getting her mass removed from her foot, me staying home (for the first time since we've been together) with a Migraine and then the strange man that was obviously up to no good at the door. Yea, I better tell you about that.

Just after Jeremy left to get some Tylenol for my headache, a stranger, a tall (about 6'5") African American man wearing a red t shirt and blue jeans just appeared on our porch and was BANGING on the windows and pushing the doorbell over and over.

Me with my migraine - I WAS FURIOUS. And delirious. At first I thought Jeremy had locked himself out, (you can't really see through the cut glass in the door) and knowing I had a migraine was still banging crazy like. So I opened the door and was a little surprised to see a stranger. I was still pissed off though, and asked the man "Can I help you?" with a bit of an attitude. He was taken aback and gave me some story about his girlfriend having a flat tire and could he use my phone. (SERIOUSLY!? Your like 30 years old and you don't have a cellphone... AND you don't know how to fix a tire?! AND your inconsiderate! Dude. That's like an EPIC failure in my book.) I just said "No." and closed the door and locked it behind me.

Then I went and called Jeremy to YELL at him for not locking the front gate. He was really freaked out then, rushed home and saw the gate was indeed LOCKED. This idiot had hopped our fence! Our 7ft tall fence! I called the police but they said it had been too long for them to send someone out. He said that one or two rings of the doorbell is normal, someone banging on the windows is not - and to call 911 next time and not open the door.

I am glad we are okay knowing that it could have been a bad situation, but I wasn't raised to live in fear or question everyone's motives. Obviously we don't have people like this where I grew up. I opened the door to yell at the person for being inconsiderate. You never bang like that unless someone is DYING or hurt really bad. I guess here its a sign that someone is trying to break in to your house. Obviously he wasn't expecting a tall white girl with an attitude. LOL (pregnant with a migraine will do that to a girl)

Well - I saw your face dude. And I know EXACTLY what you look like, right down to the spaces between your teeth. I suggest you pick a different neighborhood, or better yet a different line of work.

Jeremy however is still very upset with me. He made me call our security system so that I can know all the ins and outs - the panic button and the way to turn off the alarm, but still alert the police that I am in danger. We also set up a camera for the front door and ordered more for the back and entry. O Joy! Can't complain for the extra safety though, it just means he loves us. :)

Notes to the Little One: Well kiddo, it seems that you and mommy shared the horrible pain of this migraine - even the doctor said so - but you were still healthy and progressing so he wasn't super worried. I know it hurts... A LOT. I felt it too. It was probably the worst one your Mama's ever had! I am so sorry that you had to go through it with me. I hope that its the last one we ever get! The only good things that happened on Friday was Eva's surgery went well - and we got to see you! We were supposed to see you on Wednesday, but got a sneak peek a few days early. :) It hurt so much when he said that you seemed to be feeling it as well. I wished I could make it go away right then and there!

Your dad was crazy overprotective of us when the strange man came. We already have one of the best security systems in the neighborhood, but he went ahead and made it better - he said that he had to now that we were going to have a baby in the house. He said he has to protect his girls. LOL. It's cute how he has started nesting in his DADDY mode. :) Next thing you know we'll have fire extinguishers in every room and exit strategy's posted on all the doors. (EEK!) Oh Violette, this week was a doozie. Hopefully it will be the last doozie until we actually get to hold hands. :)

Mommy's friend Rochelle came to visit for a few minutes yesterday, and she said that all three of her babies came the way you are going to come. She is an amazing mommy, and her kids and grandkids love her so much! Someone had told me that you don't get to 'bond' with your baby when you have a C-section, but knowing that Rochelle did it with all three of hers gave me peace on that one. She calmed your dads fears a little bit, too - he really wanted to be there when you arrived, but he doesn't like hospitals or blood - so he wasn't sure if he would be able to stay in the room. She said that he can be with us, and not have to see any of that stuff - He looked really relieved. She also told me that you will probably be 2 weeks early! That puts your arrival around the second week of December. Looks like you will be here sooner than we thought! We are pretty excited! Thank goodness for friends like Rochelle. :)

Other than that, we have started to think about your bedroom, and what we want to do. It's already changed about 3 times this week, so we shall see how it all comes together. Once we have your furniture in place we will figure out a way to bring it all together.