Monday, November 11, 2013

Week 33: What's Happening!

How Far Along:  33 weeks 1 day (40 Days till we meet our little angel!)

Baby's size: approx 17.2" around 4.2 lbs - the size of a large Durian Fruit.
In case your curious - we have a little meter at the bottom of the blog that shows the photos of the vegetables that we are referring to in her sizes. :) I wouldn't know what a DURIAN fruit is without it.

Total Weight Gain: 24 lbs 


I'm kind of showing these days, right? LOL

Maternity Clothes? There are a few pieces of pre-pregnancy clothes that I can still wear - but most of my clothes are maternity these days...

Stretch Marks? YES. :( but only a few

Best Moment this Week: When the little one was moving about in my belly I could tell which body part was where. Of course I didn't see imprints of little feet or hands - but i would tap on my stomach where I knew she was and she would wriggle out of place - it was like playing a game of hide and seek - and she was losing ;) hehehe.

Miss Anything? Mostly the ability to eat! LOL. I've always been good at manners and not making a mess - but this whole leaning forward business is getting REALLY difficult - which means that I cannot eat over my plate and make a mess all the time! I really am turning into my husband because of this pregnancy! LOL.

Movement: Always! I can still feel her about every 30 minutes to an hour. She must be getting pretty cramped in there. The strangest sensation is when she rolls over. It puts my motion sickness into a whirlwind - like my mind can't decide if she is moving or if I am. It's the way I feel on roller coasters (THANK YOU MOTHER for ruining me with the Scrambler!)

Food Cravings: Nothing really strange this week - except maybe all of the Mexican food. I wonder if when the pregnancy is over I will still like it - we all know I didn't like it before hand. LOL. 

What Makes you Queasy: Chicken. I wonder if I will ever be able to eat it again. Without it my options are quite limited... you go to a restaurant and everything that sounds appetizing has chicken in it.. lol. And when you say "hold the chicken" or "can I substitute XX for the chicken" they all look at you like you're crazy. We are definitely a pollo loco country!

Gender: It's a girl!

Labor signs? None

Symptoms: Morning sickness. Baby bump. Alien movements. Insomnia. Dehydration even though I drink 10 gallons of water a day. The list goes on and on and on. (this was last weeks entry - but it says it all so I am going to leave it for yet another week.) One of the new 'side effects of pregnancy' that I am experiencing is vision problems. It seems that you are the culprit behind my inability to read far away and seeing all the words sway a bit and blur. The books say that water retention (though I see little of it with my own eyes) is causing change in the curvature of my eye, making my sight waver. I also have noticed my Meniere's symptoms starting. I lose hearing for bouts of time, followed by insane ringing noises and dizzy spells. Oh goodie! We knew that it was a possibility, but I just expected that it would come with lots of swelling - but the swelling hasn't really come yet. I guess I should be thankful for that.

Wedding Rings On or Off?  Off, but still wearing Lia Sophia ring :)

Mood: Tired. Yesterday Jeremy and I went for a walk before the sun went down at the park - and I didn't think I could make it when there was about a half mile left. I did make it - but I had to rest for about 30 minutes afterwards. I am quite winded all the time. I am guessing its because she likes to push on my lungs - grumble grumble. 

What's the Daddy-to-be Doing? We decided that we needed a 'day of rest' in our household - one that doesn't include technology, LOL! But you guys know us so that doesn't happen. Our day of rest instead is a 'day at home' and we have designated Sundays for it. 

Yesterday I worked on beautifying photographs on the computer while Jeremy did the vacuuming and steaming of the floors. I sat down to start my work and the house was a disaster - and when I was all done a few hours later I came out to a sparkling clean house. He really is a good husband. ;) We have been playing catchup for the last few weeks - it was nice to have a day that wasn't spent catching up, but instead it was spent on what needed to be done now. We even had time to catch up on our baby book that we read together every week and take the dogs for a walk.

Our goal is to have at least one weekend without work or chores before the baby comes :) A real DAY OF REST. Please pray for us - we're going to need all the help we can get to make that one a reality. LOL.

Notes to the Little One: Oh Violette, you little squirmer, you. The doctor said I need to stop asking you to sit still because the more you move the healthier we know you are... but golly you never stop! Just when I settle down to rest you start again and steal what few moments that I have to rest. The dizziness is overwhelming when you roll over - so if you could just minimize that motion that would be wonderful and I promise that I won't complain as much. 

The nursery is coming along slowly - honestly I didn't get to go in there at all this weekend. I did wash a few more loads of laundry for you - Miss Jeanna went to another consignment sale and got you lots of GORGEOUS doodadds - like a lavender sweater dress from Baby Gap... :) Mama loves that one! You are definitely going to be stylish all the way to 18 months! I finally found the special scissors that I needed for your mobile's bunting this weekend so that will be a project I hope to tackle next weekend. Your dad and I are still confused about how we are going to hang it - but it will come to  us! 

I was amazed when I looked around the house yesterday. There are little signs of you in every room - bottles in the kitchen cupboards, a high chair in the dining room, a cradle in the workout space, a car seat in the living room, baby books and little shoes in the master bedroom, your bunting project in my office - little I'M THE DADDY magnets in daddy's office and of course your nursery is covered with baby goodness.  You have already taken over our world and you aren't here yet! 

We can't wait to meet you - just 40 more days! It's a good thing your Mama is such a good planner - we're almost done with all the goodies that we wanted to complete before you got here! Just a short list remains - and all that's left are mainly phone calls - to agencies that don't like to answer the phone so you're on hold ALL DAY LONG. Mama is going to wait for maternity leave to start before she tackles those ones. My "ToDoIst" app is filled with stuff to keep me busy while I am not working.. lol.. but stuff that I can do sitting down and resting if I need to. (which is more than likely since Dr. Medrano wants me to do ALMOST NOTHING for the 3 weeks before you arrive.) I need to make sure that I am not bored senseless though... that's why I am planning ahead... haha.