Monday, October 21, 2013

WEEK 30: What's Happening

How Far Along:  30 weeks 1 day 

Baby's Size: about 16.8" long, and a little over 3.5 lbs the size of a Large Cucumber

Total Weight Gain: 20 lbs (1.5 lbs this week, yikes!)

Maternity Clothes? Taking over my wardrobe, seriously. Check out this belly bump! It's growing SO FAST!



Stretch Marks? Nothing new.

Sleep? It comes and goes - mostly goes these days. I wake almost every night around 2am and then can't fall back to sleep. I've also started having some CRAZY anxiety dreams, but Violette is actually in them these days! Which is an adjustment for me.. I'm usually not carrying a baby in my arms while running from scary stuff. LOL.

Best Moment this Week: We saw Dr. Medrano on Wednesday and he said that everything looks great, AND she showed us her face long enough to get a photo! :) She really does have my chubby cheeks! Check it out!



Other good moments this week included Jeremy and I getting a lot done in the nursery this weekend (blinds, curtains, organization, cleaning, stocking, etc), and then I got to do some craft time with my Stephiekinz. Her presence definitely calms my anxiety, it always has. She has one of those mellow spirits that just makes you relax.

Miss Anything? Sleep! and my Daddy and JoJo. They have been in my dreams a lot this week. I keep thinking about how much calmer I would be if they were here to cheer me on. When a piece of your heart that big goes missing, it's hard to be 100% sure that everything will be alright... I know that they are watching over me though, but it still would be better to have them holding my hand or just be a phone call away. 

Movement: I watch her move around all the time... my belly just starts to jump a few times in the same place and then she rolls to the center. Her favorite place to lay her head is down by my left hip bone... she likes to elbow me in the abdomen and then rolls into the birthing position at night, (when I lay on my left). Seems were both most comfortable on the left these days. LOL.

Food Cravings: Vanilla Ice Cream is probably the most prevalent one this week. I wonder why? Turns out that alot of my mommy friends crave it... is it because its a comfort food? a dairy? a protein? Not really sure but its been calling my name all week long!

What Makes you Queasy: Chicken. I guess this couldn't have come at a better time with all of the Chicken Recalls going around in So Cal... SERIOUSLY FOLKS. Don't buy chicken right now... the contamination is everywhere!

Gender: It's a girl!

Labor signs? None

Symptoms: Baby Bump. Waddle. Sore hips, thighs and legs. Exhaustion. A little bit of morning sickness came back too. :(

Wedding Rings On or Off?  Off. But I do sport a Lia Sophia fancy ring in its place.

Mood: Productive. This weekend I washed all of the baby's clothes and blankets, as well as all of her bottles and a few pacis that she might need for the first few months. Everything has been folded and put away, all of her toys are placed neatly in a drawer, her books (the few that she has) on the shelf, and everything has a place. 

What's the Daddy-to-be Doing? He finally put up the blinds and the curtains in your room :) It looks like a more finished space now! He said that was how he is nesting... LOL. Whatever that means...

Notes to the Little One: Well your mama took inventory of all of the gifts we have received and it looks like you are almost all set for the first 4 months or so! Your nursery is all organized now, all that is really left is the mobile feature (which I started to work on yesterday), and we still need a few odds and ends, like mittens and hats for the first few weeks, and then a few things in the size run of 6-9 months, just in case you grow REALLY fast!