Monday, June 17, 2013

WEEK 12: What's Happening

How Far Along: 12 weeks 1 day
Baby's Size: about 3" long, the size of a peach
Total Weight Gain: 1 lbs (might be more... I'll find out Wednesday with Dr Medrano.)
Maternity Clothes? mostly Skirts and just a few others
Stretch Marks? No, but im going to start the cocoa butter soon...
Sleep? I was so sleepy yesterday that I took a two hour nap... and slept through the whole night. (Manda doesn't nap... unless she is pregnant it seems!)
Best Moment this Week: seeing everyones faces during the reveals! We have a great support system!
Miss Anything?   champagne... Cres had some the other day and I asked to smell it... yep! Still smelled delicious!
Movement: nothing I can feel
Food Cravings: asian rice noodles
What Makes you Queasy: car rides are the worst!
Gender: No idea!
Labor signs? None
Symptoms: still have a little bit of everything - nausea,  bloating, exhaustion... you name it!
Wedding Rings On or Off?  On
Mood: still tired.
What's the Daddy-to-be Doing? feeling relieved. It's great to not have to keep a secret from those we love any longer. He did spoil me for my birthday with belgian waffles, asian noodles and pool time!
Notes to the Little One: it was so nice to not be the center of attention for my birthday this year! You fit the bill nicely! It was perfect timing for the 12th week to fall on my birthday!
Everyone is so excited to meet you! You have a lot of Aunties and they all love you so much! Auntie Jenna screamed with glee... Auntie Agnes said she knew it before she got here... (we're pretty connected) and Auntie Alicia was totally in shock! (And bitter that we kept you a secret!) Auntie Tina was pretty shocked too... and a little giddy! Crescy is really excited.. I kept catching her smiling at me for no reason. Lol.
Your uncles reactions were funny! Bobby didnt get it at first (guess my 1up shirt was too vague) but when he did he was being pretty silly! He even told me to put sardines on my cake cuz I'm eating for two!) Jeff was laughing the whole time uncontrollably (daddy said it was like a hyena) and Patrick was determined for us to name you after him (Lol! It's a good thing we already know your name!).
One thing is for certain,  you will definitely know LOVE from the moment you arrive!  But please don't come too soon... your aunties are a little nervous about the length of time I have given to prepare for you!