Monday, October 28, 2013

Week 31: What's Happening

How Far Along:  31 weeks 1 day (Doctor says there's only 8 weeks left to go!)

Baby's size: approx 15.5" around 3 lbs - the size of a large pineapple.

Total Weight Gain: 21 lbs 

Maternity Clothes? Taking over my wardrobe

No belly pic or ultrasound this week - but you will see one or the other next week. :)

Stretch Marks? No, though I did spot some redness on the right side, I have been applying more cocoa butter oil.

Sleep? comes and goes... mostly just goes. I wish it would come and sit a spell...

Best Moment this Week: well the hospital tour was interesting... but not necessarily the best moment. Consignment sale had lots of fun finds too but not the best. I'm gonna go with snuggling my puppies when I get home from work each day. :)

Miss Anything? the ability to stand for long periods of time without pain...or lean forward to work or write without discomfort. The ability to sleep through the night and breathe easily.

Movement: lots of it! All hours of the day too! Shes definitely getting bigger... I can feel her down by hips and up in my ribs at the same time too. I actually just felt her kicking me in the ribs for the first time yesterday.  It wasn't fun... but most of pregnancy's little surprises aren't.

Food Cravings: I wanted margherita pizza and root beer yesterday so Dove and I went to BJs. It was yummy! I also craved caramel this week... a few Werther's originals solved that craving. Today I wanted cranberries... so I baked cran-orange bread.

What Makes you Queasy: Chicken. Eggs. Vitamins. Pungent odors and an empty stomach.

Gender: It's a girl!

Labor signs? None

Symptoms: Morning sickness. Baby bump. Alien movements. The list goes on and on and on.

Wedding Rings On or Off?  Off, but still able to sport my Lia Sophia ring :)

Mood: Tired. More tired of being pregnant and miserable than anything. You think after 7 months you would be used to some of it... but each day holds a new challenge. I know some women just "love" it. I am not one of those women. I want my body and control of its functions back. I'm not happy about having 8 more weeks to go, but I guess its better than 15! (At least I get to see you every two weeks at the doctors office, that makes it a little bit better.)

What's the Daddy-to-be Doing? This weekend we enjoyed a little bit of rest. It seemed that we had been going non-stop for months! This weekend however we ordered our groceries online, knocking a few hours off of our chore list, and then went on a lunch date at BJ's for pizza and pizookie. It was awesome! When we came home we watched a movie that he had been wanting to see for awhile (Pacific Rim - pretty good stuff!). And then he caught up on some work while I tried to do more thank you notes. It was nice to relax even for just a bit - sadly though, our relaxing made us even more tired and we didn't get everything done that we had hoped to. (Sorry lawn, you will need to be mowed next week. Sorry last load of laundry, you will have to be done during the week. Sorry dogs, we will go to the park next weekend.)

Notes to the Little One: Omilord you are killing me with all this movement. All day and all night long I feel you rotating and hitting and kicking. And when you kicked me in the ribs the other day I thought I was going to DIE. You make my bones hurt! You already know that I am not best friends with this whole pregnancy bit, maybe you could just go easy on me so that we make it to the finish line without me wanting to quit a few weeks early!? Probably not, but it was worth a try.

We had a lot of interesting things happen this week - starting with the hospital tour. There were about 40 mommies to be in our tour - WAY more than I expected! The nurse who led the informative session said that September and October are the largest months for births in Burbank and Glendale areas. (too much celebration after the new year! ha ha  We were one of the 2 December births there, the other woman was due on the 16th. Hopefully that means that the labor ward won't be overflowing during our time! Overall, the nurses were very friendly and eager to assist - the lactation consultant made me laugh, (her name was Amanda, too) the rooms were very nice, the labor room was HUGE - not that I will be using that room at all! - we didn't get to see the O.R. for c-sections but we did get to see the recovery room and the 'daddy chair'. Your daddy was advised that he is NOT to get up from that chair until the nurses tell him to. Haha. I guess some poor guy didn't listen and he missed the whole birth! I bet you that mommy was mad at him! 

On another note, your stroller arrived on Friday and we put it together (it just needed the wheels snapped on!) - we just LOVE the way it moves around so easy and is so light (less than 20lbs, most strollers these days are upwards of 30!)... and it snaps in your infant car seat, but it also grows up with you into a normal stroller. It's called the Chicco Liteway Plus. It's awesome - even your dad like it when he took it for a test drive around the house! And the diaper bag Auntie Carla got me snaps right to it, so it gives me easy access to whatever we might need while we are walking! :)

We also set up your monitor this weekend and started to charge it. I did the wash on your new bedding set that Miss Jeanna and I picked out at the consignment sale - but haven't had time to iron the crib skirt or put it on yet. I will try to do it during the week or next weekend. The consignment sale was VERY interesting. Your Mama does not like Ross or Marshall's stores because everything is thrown willy-nilly all over the place with no organization (or limited organization, such as here are the kids toys - PILES!) - the consignment sale was like a GIANT Ross. 4 times the size of a normal Ross - this one only had kids stuff, and though they tried to organize it, I went to the 6-12 month section and still ended up with 3 month and 3-6 month stuff in my hands. :( Epic fail! And then we had to stand in line for 2 hours just to buy the stuff we picked! It was not my favorite thing, but we did get some REALLY great deals! I only spent $123 after tax and got  10 onesies 3 pants outfits 4 dresses 4 sleepers 1 swaddle sleep sack 6 hats 1 pair of shoes 1 coat an ornament set and bedding (including 2 crib sheets, a matching crib skirt & bumper, drapes and 2 blankies).

With deals like that I know exactly why people go to the world's biggest 'Ross store' during its 75% off sale! LOL. Though it was an experience, I am totally glad that it only comes every few months. It would be INSANE to do this more often than that.