Monday, October 7, 2013

WEEK 28: What's Happening!

How Far Along:  28 weeks 1 day 

Baby's Size: about 16" long, and a little over 2.5 lbs the size of an Eggplant

Sorry for the pajama selfie - but I noticed how much my belly's grown since the last pic and wanted to share!

Total Weight Gain: 17 lbs 

Maternity Clothes? Taking over my wardrobe

Stretch Marks? No

Sleep? Almost nightly I wake between 3 and 6, and am WIDE AWAKE for about 2 hours minimum. Then I am allotted an hour nap before I can't sleep anymore and have to start my day. :( 

Best Moment this Week: Finished deadline and the CRIB & CHANGING TABLE were Delivered! :) I am so grateful for such an amazing gift! (Thank you J, K, C & C!) It's beautiful - and BIG! I didn't expect it to be so large! :) {The standard crib sheet I bought doesn't fit, but It's okay, I fixed my registry to match the dimensions.} They fit perfectly in the space. Can't wait to start nesting and making sense of her room!

Miss Anything? Sleep! I miss sleeping through the night. I miss having my limbs not fall asleep and I miss not having to go to the bathroom every 10 minutes. 

Movement: She is quite the little mover and shaker - every couple of hours I feel her shift - or kick - and then always when I start my evening rest around 9pm, she keeps it up pretty steady until 11 or so. 

Food Cravings: During deadline all I wanted was Bread & Butter. I never actually got it - but it was INSANE how badly I was craving it - my mouth was watering, and I could smell it!

What Makes you Queasy: Chicken. And after this weekends cooking night, Im going to add pork to the list - just for now. LOL

Gender: It's a girl!

Labor signs? None

Symptoms: Baby Bump (it has appeared! and continues to grow - my belly's been aching all week from the new growth spurt!), Tired, Achy, Unable to lift stuff, Too much to do - not enough time to do it in.

Wedding Rings On or Off?  Off.

Mood: I really wish my sleep wouldn't have been so disrupted during deadline - I did my very best to keep my head about me - but by 4pm I was 100% trailing. I could sense my brain start to slow down. Thankfully Angie was totally on her game - she laid out most of the magazine and I think she felt really comfortable - maybe because I was sitting next to her if she got stuck - but I 100% believe that she could do this by herself. She didn't ask for much guidance this time, I just told her my thoughts, or how we had done it in the past, and she went to work - and the magazine looks AMAZING. I can't wait to see it in print! 

What's the Daddy-to-be Doing? The last few weeks he was REALLY stressed about his CCNA (Cisco Networking) exam - he needed it to renew so that he could keep his other certifications or something. He passed with a 937 (out of 1000) and he only needed 776 to pass. I told him over and over that he didn't have anything to worry about - but just to do his best. :) Silly boy! He doesn't plan to procrastinate on his exams from this point forward. He said he was going to take one every year so that it doesn't happen again. LOL. (Thank God - his stress was stressing ME out!)

Notes to the Little One: Your bedroom is starting to take shape... :) It still needs a little fiddling with - but the main components are there :) Your daddy is going to put your blinds up this week, too! After the shower I still have a few things I need to get, like a rug and some curtain sheers - and grandma Brenda is planning to make you some custom bedding :) I just want it to be soothing but fun. Hopefully it turns out! Right now it doesn't make sense - but I plan to fiddle with it this week after work - :)

Your mama is really excited for next weekend - the Baby Shower - where we get to celebrate you before you arrive! :) I get to see so many people that I rarely see these days and we will all share in the excitement. Your grandma is even flying in from Oregon! (She will be back to meet you when you are born, too!)

Well my Little One, your Mama is SUPER tired this morning - once again I was awakened WAY too early. This time with my hands going numb and leg cramps. And then I remembered that I forgot to switch the laundry... (OOPS!) I wish I could go back to sleep - but its time to start getting ready for the day. We REALLY have to work on this sleep stuff, your Mama is a morning person that can't nap during daylight. If you keep this up though, it might be time to invest in blackout shades for the bedroom!