Tuesday, October 15, 2013

WEEK 29: What's Happening

How Far Along:  29 weeks 1 day 

Baby's Size: about 16.5" long, and a little over 3 lbs the size of an Acorn Squash

Total Weight Gain: 19 lbs 

Maternity Clothes? Taking over my wardrobe

Stretch Marks? No

Sleep? Baby let me sleep the night before my baby shower, but the night after it I woke at 230am and didn't go back to sleep until 8pm. :( I was one tired Mama! 

Best Moment this Week: The baby shower! :) It was SO EXCITING to see all of the old faces, and be surrounded by those whose company I cherish. It was SO PRETTY! 

Miss Anything? Sleep! and I missed fish a little bit yesterday. It's hard because though I am allowed to eat a select type of fish - I am not supposed to eat them unless they are farmed in specific regions because of the mercury levels - and instead of asking that stupid question to the servers, I just go for something I know I can eat. (Like a Baked Potato.)

Movement: I could tell she was just as tired as me this weekend - she wasn't moving as much during the shower and the day after... but last night she was kicking up a storm ... (MOM! It's time for BED!) Lol.

Food Cravings: What's funny is I have been craving Carrot Cake for about a week - since Laura said Aunt Cindy baked for her and then I wanted Great Grandma's 24 karat Cake - but was super dooper excited when Jeanna brought out Carrot Cake for the gift opening at my shower. YUMMY! The best treat ever!

What Makes you Queasy: Chicken. Turkey. Really any type of fowl. The thought of thanksgiving makes me a little queasy too right now. Though, I do love the side dishes!

Gender: It's a girl!

Labor signs? None

Symptoms: Baby Bump. Waddle. Sore hips, thighs and legs. Exhaustion.

Wedding Rings On or Off?  Off. But I do sport a Lia Sophia fancy ring in its place.

Mood: Overwhelmed. After the baby shower sitting among the pile of gifts it really SET IN. There is a little person who is going to take over REALLY soon. Though I am excited, now I think the anxiety has begun too. I am glad that everyone (grandparents, etc) seems to be okay with letting us do things our way... it will make the transition a lot easier.

What's the Daddy-to-be Doing? He is tired - he was SUPER helpful during the baby shower. He helped set up, and move heavy stuff and protected the food from flies (he loved this!) and then he helped tear down too. I was so glad that he was there to help, and yet he still seemed to have a really good time. Some of my friends were meeting him for the first time, but he was very relaxed and social. I was quite proud of my little hermit. ;)

Notes to the Little One: HOLY WOW you are loved! Your baby shower was OUT OF THIS WORLD adorable... and everyone that came really enjoyed themselves. You even had a surprise visit from the Schramm girls - (which is funny since they were my wedding crashers, too!) There was so much love and omiword there were a lot of presents! I think we will be pretty set for a time...

My FAVORITE present was from Auntie Rae (Agnes) who saw something and KNEW it would be perfect for your bedroom - and boy was she right! We had been struggling with your theme for some time, but now it is set! Up, Up & Away! Hot Air Balloons and bunting... a soothing neutral backdrop with these beautiful pops of color and whimsy... it is going to be AMAZING! I can't wait to get it ready for you! Your Grandma Brenda is making you a crib skirt when she gets home, and my assignment is bunting. (LOTS OF IT!) I will have to start that soon, maybe I can round up a friend or two to do it with me so I am not as scared of my sewing machine. :)