Monday, November 18, 2013

WEEK 34: What's Happening!

How Far Along:  34 weeks 1 day (33 Days till we meet our little angel!)

Baby's size: approx 17.6" around 4.6 lbs - the size of a large Butternut Squash.
In case your curious - we have a little meter at the bottom of the blog that shows the photos of the vegetables that we are referring to in her sizes. :)

Total Weight Gain: 27 lbs 

Maternity Clothes? Is there anything else? 

Stretch Marks? YES. :( but only a few

Best Moment this Week: When we were at Dr. Medrano's office for our checkup, he started the ultrasound and we all watched her scrunch her face really tight and then shoot all of her limbs out at the same time! I hollered "I TOLD YOU GUYS that she was hitting me maliciously..." Seriously, I was laying down at the time so she had nothing constricting her! The doctor and Jeremy laughed and of course I wasn't laughing because I could feel the punch/kick combo. All I could say was that my daughter was being just plain MEAN.

Ultrasound Week 34

Yesterday we completed our Infant First Aid/CPR class at A Mother's Haven. We both feel much better that we could take on an emergency situation if it should arise... a good investment and we are glad our doctor recommended it in lieu of labor classes.

Miss Anything? Jeremy and I sat in the Starbucks drive thru line the other day and HE WAS NOT NICE. He read the sign on the back of one of my favorite sushi places saying HAPPY HOUR SUSHI! and said he was going to leave me in the line while he goes and gets some sushi.. of course instantly Sushi is all that I wanted. I was so mad at him! 

Another thing I miss is sleeping next to my husband in bed! I have had to start sleeping on the couch because my breathing is so impaired when I lay in bed. Seems the baby is enjoying sleeping on my lungs and diaphragm, essentially suffocating me. On the couch I am able to sleep sitting up, and we noticed that my breathing isn't labored or noisy, and I don't toss and turn as much.

Movement: Always! I was told the other day that it's actually NOT normal to feel your baby this much, I don't know if that makes me lucky or unlucky - but at least I know everything is going okay in there. Maybe that's why I am able to feel her, because if I didn't I would be one of those crazy worried moms that went to the doctor every week because I was scared something was wrong! (Yea, I know, I could see it happening, too.)

Doctor said she is doing REALLY well - but she is quite a long/large baby - due to our size as parent's he was expecting as such! But the baby and I are both more uncomfortable because of it. I am guessing that even a week early she will be close to 8lbs and REALLY LONG just like I was! 

Food Cravings: I craved Claim Jumper's mashed potatoes and their Eclair the other day :) I was SO excited when we were able to go and get it. We ordered the MINI I DECLAIR - which wasn't so mini at all! We still split it 4 ways and everyone got a little slice of dessert. :) It was fabulous! Best $4.50 I may have ever spent!

Oh - and I got my yummy soft pretzel that I have been craving for weeks - we were driving down Ventura Blvd and I remembered the Triple D review (Diners, Drive Ins and Dives with Guy Fieri) about Brats Brothers... INSTANT CRAVING for sausage! BONUS was that it was a bavarian place, and they served pretzels too! :)



What Makes you Queasy: Chicken. Thankfully there isn't much else aside from lack of eating that makes me queasy this week.

Gender: It's a girl!

Labor signs? None

Symptoms: Swollen feet (this just started to be a steady symptom this weekend), Aches, Pains, Labored Breathing, Lower Back Pain (REALLY bad this week - even with a chiro and massage appt!), lack of sleep (though the couch seems to be solving this one), S - L - O - W - M - O - V - I - N - G - O - B - J - E - C - T. (Pregnancy really does slow you down - especially in the last month!)

Wedding Rings On or Off?  Off, but still wearing Lia Sophia ring :)

Mood: I feel as though I am readying myself for the little one's eviction. She hurts more than ever, and we both are totally uncomfortable most of the time, so I think it's safe to say that we both hope this month flies by! LOL. 

What's the Daddy-to-be Doing? He has been working hard to get all caught up on everything for work. He has all of his time sheets up-to-date and updates them daily so he doesn't get behind anymore. He realized that there are only 4 weekends before the baby comes, so he wants to figure out a chore schedule, too. That way the big stuff is done right beforehand and won't need to be done again for a month or so. I guess he is nesting a bit, trying to get some order in place before the unknown begins.

Notes to the Little One: What a week this was! Mommy is not comfortable at all this week. Lower back pains and swollen feet are not fun - but the doctor said that it's normal for the 8th month (and a lot of women feel these things A LOT sooner than I did.) I personally don't believe it should EVER be considered normal to be in pain, but alas I too will survive. 

This weekend we learned how to take care of you if you should ever choke or stop breathing, or get electrocuted or any other horrible thing that we will do our best to never allow happen. But it's calming to know that we now know the right thing to do if it should ever occur.  It was funny how the instructor kept using your dad and I as examples. He also taught us how to help a 3rd trimester pregnant woman (me) who is choking and a larger male (like your dad) when you are quite a bit smaller than them. I feel like he called us out because of our size, we were definitely the tallest people in the group. 

One of the couples had their baby 4 weeks ago and looked like they hadn't slept since they brought him home! SO SLEEPY! Their eyes were bloodshot and sunken in, and their skin was all pasty. Poor babies should have been napping, but instead they were learning how to save their baby's life. That's dedication!  I am certainly glad that we scheduled our class before you arrived! I don't know that we would remember much if we were in their stage of insomnia!

Well kiddo - we can't wait to meet you, ONLY 33 DAYS LEFT! One more work deadline to go! We will make it there, I am sure of it! And then Mommy will get some much needed rest before you come! (Let's hope!)