Monday, May 13, 2013

WEEK 7: What's Happening

How Far Along: 7 weeks 1 day
Baby's Size: a raspberry! The app says you are a half of an inch!
Total Weight Gain: 0.5 lbs probably due to the new cracker/pretzel intake.
Maternity Clothes? I get lots of compliments on my skinny cords. I love my old navy maternity tee too. Everything else is just too big.
Stretch Marks? No
Sleep: Yesterday I fell asleep on the couch. J was mad because I had told him earlier no napping. Lol I guess I was exhausted, too.
Best Moment this Week: Mother's day brunch at Vitellos. The waitress asked if I was a mom and I got to tell her I was expecting! Also finding out I could have cocoa while camping was good news... It was cold!
Miss Anything? passed our sushi place yesterday. And ive also been missing gorgonzola mac n cheese from Salt Creek. So many of my favs are off limits now at SCG!
Movement: Nothing yet...
Food Cravings: Fig Newtons. I hadn't had them since I was 10 or so but I could taste them. J picked some up and they were just what I needed. (Perhaps I needed some fiber?) They were delicious!
What Makes you Queasy: I can't even look at chicken anymore. The Jack Daniels marinade on our camping steaks was gross. Yesterday my grilled cheese. A little bit of everything.
Gender: No idea!
Labor signs? None
Symptoms: This morning was the first time I've vomited.  I've been queasy for the last few weeks but nothing that severe until today.. however yesterday I couldnt finish my grilled cheese. (I thought my world was ending!) Still lots of abdomen pain and the electric shock therapy feeling. 
Wedding Rings On or Off? Off for camping but back on today.
Mood: Anxious. I'm ready for the next step but don't know what it is until we visit Dr. Medrano on Wednesday.
Looking Forward to: hearing a heartbeat!
What's the Daddy-to-be Doing? Stressing. He had to share the news with his boss a little earlier than planned because they scheduled a last minute office move... (normally takes a month to setup) for the day of our appointment. 
Notes to the Little One: You survived your first camping trip! It was beautiful at Leo Carrillo. We sat on the beach for a few hours and watched the waves. We watched the wind nearly flatten our tent. We sat by the campfire and made Fudge Striped cookie S'mores! It was alot of fun. (Eva hated every minute of it. She pined for the car the whole time... and then JUMPED from the car when a St Bernard waltzed through our campsite. Yes... Eva is one crazy Dare-D'EVA.) We also schemed on how we could take you camping next year. :) We may have to rent an RV but we do so love camping and can't wait to start making these memories with you!